|Posted on April 24, 2013 at 6:10 PM|
-Not free; committed to something that has previously been planned or arranged and so unable to undertake another activity
“Tomorrow, and tomorrow, and tomorrow, creeps in this petty pace from day to day”-Macbeth (Act 5 Scene 5)
I took a bit of liberty with that line and said, “Tomorrow, and tomorrow and tomorrow, rushes in this accelerated race from day to …oh. Did that one end already?”
Have you ever experienced a time in your life when the days seem to run together? Sometimes, we face responsibilities which require our attention for a season. However, there are times we choose to over commit. Without even realizing it, we can get so busy doing stuff that we just might lose ourselves in the process. I used the word stuff to mean Several Things Until Faith Fails . That’s the point in time where we begin to neglect our self, stop communicating with our Father, forgetting things, becoming angry, frustrated, hopeless and so on. Remember, one of the first keys to obtaining order in your lives is to collaborate with God.
Psalm 119:133 says, “Guide my steps by your word, so I will not be overcome by evil.” (NLT)
Interestingly, the word evil used in that scripture means to pant (hence to exert oneself, usually in vain; to come to naught). (Strong’s Exhaustive Concordance of the Bible)
By allowing time to both talk and listen to God, we will be able to sort out the stuff and do the thing (Taking Holy Inspiration N God ) He has planned for us.
If you find yourself resembling these statements, here’s a challenge: make an inventory of the stuff you do, sit down for a collaboration meeting with God, ask Him to guide your steps, write down what you feel you’ve heard from the Lord , seek wise counsel then bravely make the applications where needed. At first, it may seem easier said than done, but once you’ve begun to live out the change you’ll find you can “breathe” a little easier.
|Posted on January 19, 2011 at 10:29 AM|
Whatever the WORD of GOD says I can do ... I CAN DO!!!
- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. (Phil. 4:13)
- I can minister with God's ability. (I Peter 4:11)
- I can always triumph in Christ. (II Cor. 2:14)
- I can walk by faith. (II Cor 5:7)
- I can call those things which be not as though they were. (Rom. 4:17)
- I can reign in life by Jesus Christ. (Rom. 5:17)
- I can lay hands on the sick and see them recover. (Mark 9:23)
- I can use the authority in the Name of Jesus to overcome sin, sickness, demons, fear, lack, and death. (Phil. 2:9-11)
- I can lead others to Jesus as an ambassador and a minister of reconciliation. (II Cor. 5:19-20)
- I can believe that all things are possible to me. (Mark 9:23)
- I can run and not be weary. (Isa. 40:31)
- I can walk and not faint. (Isa. 40:31)
- I can fight the good fight of faith. (II Tim. 4:7)
|Posted on January 19, 2011 at 10:26 AM|
Whatever the WORD of GOD says I have ... I HAVE!!!
- I have the faith of God residing in me. (Mark 11:22)
- I have boldness and access with confidence before God. (Eph. 3:12)
- I have the peace of God that passes understanding. (Phil. 4:7)
- I have redemption through the blood of Jesus. (Col. 1:14)
- I have joy unspeakable and full of Glory. (I Peter 1:8 )
- I have God's love. (I John 4:16)
- I have victory that overcomes the world. (I John 5:4)
- I have the mind of Christ. (Phil. 2:25)
- I have all my need supplied according to His riches in Glory by Christ Jesus. (Phil. 4:19)
- I have Godly wisdom and understanding. (Eph. 1:17-18 )
- I have been given the Spirit of power and of love and of a sound mind - not the spirit of fear. (II Tim. 1:7)
- I have the right to come boldly to the throne of grace to obtain mercy and find grace to help in time of need. (Heb. 4:16)
- I have Christ in me, the hope of glory. (Col. 1:27)
- I have the tongue of the learned so that I should know how to speak a word to him that is weary. (Isa. 50:4)
- I have the joy of the Lord, which is my strength. (Neh. 8:10)
|Posted on January 18, 2011 at 8:02 PM|
Whatever the WORD of GOD says I am ... I AM!!!!
- I am a new creation, created in Christ Jesus. (II Cor. 5:17)
- I am the righeousness of God in Christ. (II Cor. 5:21)
- I am healed by the stripes of Jesus. (I Peter 2:24)
- I am more than a conqueror through Him that loves me. (Rom. 8:37)
- I am strong in the Lord and in the power of His might. (Eph. 6:10)
- I am rich through Jesus. (II Cor 8:9)
- I am complete in Him. (Col. 2:10)
- I am His workmanship created in Christ Jesus for good works. (Eph. 2:10)
- I am a son and an heir to God. (Gal. 4:7)
- I am redeemed from the curse of the Law. (Gal. 3:13)
- I am walking in the blessings of Abraham. (Gal. 3:14)
- I am like a tree planted by the rivers of water. I bring forth fruit in my season. My leaf won't whither and whatsoever I do shall prosper. (Ps. 1:3)
- I am as bold as a lion. (Prov. 28:1)
- I am not ashamed of the gospel of Jesus Christ. (Rom. 1:16)
- I am a world overcomer. (I John 5:4-5)
- I am crucified with Christ, nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ lives in me. The life I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God. (Gal. 2:20)
- I am of quick understanding in the fear of the Lord.
- I am strong in faith giving glory to God. (Rom. 4:20)
|Posted on July 1, 2010 at 7:26 PM|
In John 10:10 Jesus said that He came that we may live an extraordinary and uncommon life, one that's full of color and not just a shade of grey. We have this gift called life, but what we choose to do with this gift is up to every individual. But if we desire to live a life that is extraordinary or uncommon, one that is filled with joy and not sorrow, there are a couple of things we must come to grips with.
1. "What we put in our lives will determine the quality of life we will live". Be it books, music or people, what or whoever has influence in my life will affect the quality of life I live. Matthew 7:24-27 says that, if we would listen and do what Jesus instructs us to do, that our lives would be one of stability and not flakey.
2. "Things does not equate to value". It does not matter how much I have, but what counts is what I have. If we fill our lives with things that do not lead us to God, those things will ultimately lead us to death. The cars, clothes, and houses don't make the person, but what makes the person is a healthy relationship with the one who made the person, JESUS CHRIST! Luke 12:15 Then Jesus said to them, "Be careful and guard against all kinds of greed. Life is not measured by how much one owns."
3. "Quantity does not equals quality and the length of life does not produce life lived."In Genesis 47:9 Jacob said that he was 130 yrs old, and his life was filled with instability and trouble. Jacob's wandering around in life began when he chose to take on the identity of someone else to achieve what he wanted in life. One of the most tragic things a person can do, is to try and live his or her life under some else’s identity.
Jesus is telling us that if we listen to His voice and follow His plans that he has for our lives, than we will experience that extraordinary life that the world longs to have.